News | LMC Buying Groups Federation

NEWS


Phased flu vaccine delivery for the 2018-19 flu season

14 August 2018

NHS England have issued guidance and FAQ’s on flu vaccinations and the planning of flu clinics for this season. There will be phased deliveries of the Adjuvanted Trivalent (Fluad) vaccine with Seqirus delivering the first batch of vaccines in September and subsequent ones in October and November this year. All GP practices across the UK who have placed an order will receive 40% of their order in September and must ensure that the most vulnerable patients within the 65 plus cohort are vaccinated immediately. The remaining 60% will come in October and November. Further guidance from NHSE and PHE on behalf of the BMA will be issued in due course.


AKM's one week Summer Sale ending soon!

26 July 2018

Our supplier of Royalty Free music AKM is holding a huge sale on their CDs for practice members which ends on Monday 30th July at midnight. If you’ve always wanted to try their music out in your practice but never got around to it, this is a great opportunity to do so and get value for your money. You can get 40% off when you purchase 3 CDs from AKM Music. You can also get free delivery if you buy 5 or more CDs.

Browse through their music catalogue here.

To access this special offer, visit AKM Music and enter their promo code HOT1 to obtain your discount when you purchase three CDs.


This month we've gone 'In Focus'!

24 July 2018

We recently launched ‘In Focus’ a new segment in our monthly newsletter which investigates every day issues that affect General Practice from the view point of our suppliers and in relation to their products and services. Our first in focus piece by insurance policy providers MIAB, focuses on staff absence and potential effects on the day to day running of a GP practice. You can read our first ‘In Focus’ piece and the rest of our July edition here.

We would like to know what you think about our new segment, so send us an email with your feedback.


Blue Stream Academy – New Modules

16 July 2018

Our supplier for online training, Blue Stream Academy, have introduced two new modules which will be added to their GP e-learning suite. The two new modules are Sepsis and Sepsis Awareness. The two modules will help health practitioners identify signs of Sepsis in patients and allow them to better inform and curb the occurrence through awareness.

The Sepsis modules cover topics including:

  • Who is at risk
  • Assessing symptoms for potential Sepsis
  • Identifying people with suspected Sepsis
  • Diagnosis and early management

If your practice is already using Blue Stream Academy’s e-learning suite, you can add these two modules to relevant staff profiles by going to manage profiles (Management>Staff>Manage profiles). If you are not currently using Blue Stream Academy and are interested in using one of their e-learning suites or getting access to their Sepsis modules, send us an email.

For more information about these two new modules or if you have any questions or queries, you can contact Blue Stream Academy directly by calling them on 01773 822549.

Please remember to mention that your practice is a LMC Buying Group member to ensure that you get our discounted rates for any purchase you make.


Join the LMC Buying Group Community!

09 July 2018

We are delighted to announce the launch of the new Community section on our website. We have been working hard to ensure that your membership helps you in your day-to-day work as well as saving your practice time and money. We wanted to create a space where practice staff can come when in need of guidance, news that affects general practice and additional member services and offers. In our new community section, you can access all this and more. To get further information on our new community section, click here. If you have any questions regarding this platform, simply get in touch by sending us an email.


Management in Practice Journal

02 July 2018

Our team will be exhibiting at the MIP Newcastle event tomorrow but if you can’t make it to the show you can read more about us in the latest MIP Journal!

Get your hands on a copy by subscribing on the MIP website.

Page 1 of 11   Next

Products & Services